Sunday, April 01, 2007

Y Cali- Segunda parte y Coda en Madrid

Dear Contravoz blogtourists:
I was well taken care of by my bodyguards, who told me a few things about life face to the FARC.

I also enjoyed the visit to the villages of Cerrito and Ginebra (!) where I ate Gallina (see the photo - that follows the gastronomic example of IslaDesolacion) in large quantities.













I stopped at the ubiquitous Bolivar square of the village of Ginebra (!), and took note of the quote under the statue:



"Prefiero el titulo de ciudadano al de liberador, porque este emana de la guerra; aquel emana de las leyes."

(I prefer the title o citizen to that of liberador, because this emanates from war, and that from the law)


Why did I also like this trip out of Cali? because of my visit to the family of Pilar - a colleague in Lausanne, Switzerland, and one of 11 brothers and sisters by Ginebra, Colombia. I did meet most of them while visting Pilar's parents in Cerrito. The family-based society shined in front of my eyes and made apparent the loss of roots of us emigrati.

Coda: I walked Madrid between planes (from Bogota, and to Geneve). I saw JoseLuisito from the old times, also Tintoretto, and the streets of the capital. Here is the proof.



My only problem: I lost my plane and ended in a lonely hotel in the village of Barajas ..and not the one where SPEAKING ENGLISCH is possible.

1 Comments:

Blogger jugandoconmanolito said...

Al ser Lucense, podrĂ­as haber aprovechado para practicar el gallego. Un beso y nos vemos en Palencia.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home