Friday, June 06, 2008

Walter, bifurcations, 42 years later

I was 6 years old when WR Wilson visited Oviedo. This was in many ways a turning point for several of us, one of those bifurcations, distinct bifurcations that determine to a large extent events over decades. In my case, most could be brought to this: where I trained and worked, emigration, and whatever else that followed.

Today, I was called to tell me that somebody I would probably like to see was here - in the building. And it was him, and after hugging, I could not avoid taking a photo - of this private momentous event. A photo that covers decades.

The photo can now, modestly, join this other photo of another time, another place (Pedraza?).

Life of encounters, life in circles.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gracias, Contravoz, por la foto, me trajo recuerdos del pasado. Manolito

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No sé si mis recuerdos son fiables, pero tengo una imagen de Walter dándole en Cercedilla un biberón de cocacola a Miranda, bebé, para calmar su digestión.

También, la imagen de grandes vasos de vidrio con zumos en su casa en Marruecos.

Cocacola, zumos ... artículos que representaban una cierta imagen, un alto nivel de vida, la prosperidad.
Luisita

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a brownian motion that follows from these bifurcations. Just as Walt impacted your desitiny, so did you mine. My children's Trinidadian complexion can be credited remotely to a visitor to Oviedo in 1966...Clark

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home