Saturday, January 24, 2009

A prologue to a new life

Today, I find he following text in a sheet of paper inserted between the pages of "El rio del olvido" de Julio Llamazares - a present from Don Jose Luis on July 27th, 1990.

"A Prologue to a New Life. Memories from a Trip East"
"Leaving is not easy, not easy. I did not look back to see those just orphaned, and those that felt their emotional investment useless. Travelling east represented a personal defeat...I came from there once, and I am returning with little.
I leave the open skies, the simplicity of a life that was never too demanding, and I drive to days of rain, just like those of my youth, and to older friends."
Rochester, Minn 1990

On this year we will move West, and 20 years later from that note above...we will swing back East once again.

3 Comments:

Blogger lauritalafantastica said...

Recibida maravillosa manta y proyecto de abrigo original y Ășnico en mente, a ver quĂ© tal se me da, tengo miedo de estropearla!
Muchas gracias

4:21 PM  
Blogger Menendez said...

When are you finally coming West? And what will be your new address and phone in this West? Somewhat belatedly, Happy Chinese New Year of the Ox!

1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Returning to places of our remote past is what allows us to see more clearly into the remote future. It will be a joy to have all of you here. Clark

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home